Spring Music Program
Wed Apr 9 (6 pm)
The fifth grade strings will perform at 6 p.m. followed by the fourth grade’s presentation of Music Matters by Teresa Jennings. It will be a wonderful night of celebrating music!
Mon-Fri Apr 14 - 18
School will be closed
In the News
Early Bird Summer School Registration
Early Bird Summer School registration will begin on Monday, May 23rd thru Friday, June 10th. Those students interested in taking a course over the summer will need to see their respective counselors and register in the School Counseling Office. Registration hours will be from 8:00am to 2:00pm.
SOL Testing and Second Bus Runs
SOL testing for high school students will take place May 23 through June 2.
- Students in the building, who are NOT scheduled to take an SOL must report to the gym from 7:15-9:40.
- Students who are NOT testing may opt to take the 2nd bus run and arrive at school at 9:40 for class. Please note that there is no optional second bus run for academy buses.
- Information about the 2nd bus pick-up times and alternate site bus runs for the ATC & VoTech will be sent home.
Other SOL Testing Information:
- Any items brought to testing will be collected and held until the end of testing.
- Retakers will test on the test date for the subject.
- Students should make every attempt to be present and to arrive by 7:10 on the days they are testing.
- If absent, students should report on the first make-up day posted on which they have no testing conflicts.
- Expedited testing will be available for students who failed a test within the 375-399 range and who can possibly pass the course.
- Teachers will notify students if they are eligible for expedited testing. Students who failed a test below the expedited range but pass the course are still eligible to retest during the summer.
Contact Amy Schuiteboer, School Improvement Specialist, for additional SOL testing or tutoring information. Phone: 648-5673 or email: email@example.com.
26th Annual Salem High School Art Show
The 26th Annual Salem High School Art Show will be on display from May 18th until June 1st featuring works by the Art Foundations, Drawing Painting Printmaking, Advanced Art, Sculpture and Ceramics, and AP Studio Art courses.
2015-16 Show Schedule
For a complete listing of the shows produced by both the VPAA and Fine Arts programs at Salem High School, please see the attached .pdf document, or check our our events on a Google calendar that you can subscribe to.
Senior Information and Schedule
As we move into 2016, we wanted to make you aware of several important dates as your child prepares for graduation. Please review the Information and schedule below.
PTSA Senior Year Specials
Senior year is such an amazing time with tons of emotions for parents and students! The year goes by so fast, and before you know it, graduation is here! To help with your celebration, the SHS PTSA is offering opportunities that can help you celebrate your student's accomplishments.
All of the items listed below are available through the PTSA:
- Graduation Yard Signs
- Limo Raffle for Prom (Available in the LMC $5/ticket or 3 for $10)
- T-Shirt Memory Quilt
Gradfest tickets are available in senior packages. Individual tickets will be sold in the library for $45.00 until January 12, then the price goes up to $60!
ParentVUE and StudentVUE Mobile
Parents and students can now access Grade Book information from their mobile devices using Synergy ParentVUE and StudentVUE mobile apps. Parents can find instructions for setting up and using ParentVUE Mobile App at http://www.vbschools.com/schoolnet/index.asp.
Students can find setup and user instructions for StudentVUE Mobile app at http://schools.vbcps.com.
Questions regarding ParentVUE or StudentVUE Mobile apps can be directed to Data Operations staff at 263-1111, option 1.
How would you like to view your child's up-to-date grades and attendance from anywhere, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? To sign up, please visit the Parent Portal page or visit www.vbschools.com and click on the "SchoolNet Parent Portal" icon to register.
If you have your identification verified at either the New Student Orientation or the Open House, please be sure and complete your registration online!
Connect with us
7:20 a.m. - 2:10 p.m.
7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.